Wednesday, January 6, 2010

7. M. Ward


7. M. Ward-
Hold Time

M. Ward or Matt Ward is by far one of my favorite singer/songwriter's. He sings and writes in a style that harkens back to 40's era radio. I've seen him cover old blues, country, folk and 50's era rock and roll as well as write some of the most meaningfully haunting songs of this decade. I actually ignored him for a long time because I thought he was some sort of pop guy and come to find out he's one of the best arrangers out there as well as one of the most soulful singers I've ever had the pleasure of hearing. If you are not familiar with Mr. Ward, you may remember him from She & Him, a side project he was in with Zooey Deschanel. Matt is often seen working with Jenny Lewis and The Watson Twins (which opened for him, by the way), and of course, Conor Oberst and Jim James. I especially like his cover of the Buddy Holly song, 'Rave On' and it features that little cutie Zooey.



Never Had Nobody Like You

Myspace
Website

No comments:

Post a Comment