Sunday, January 3, 2010

13. The Flaming Lips


13. The Flaming Lips-
Embryonic

Never mind that The Flaming Lips are my hometown heroes or that I've seen them live more times that I can count, or that I go to their parade, or that I've met Wayne on numerous occasions. Never mind that The Lips are signed to a major label but with full artistic integrity. The Flaming Lips are definitely one of the leaders in the movements towards, what I hope to be, a musical renaissance. It's going to take bands like this with contracts like they have with Warner to push us past this RIAA bullshit. I wasn't sure about this LP when I first heard it, but after listening to it five or six times, it got pushed way up real fast. How nice for a band that has received so much acclaim and popularity over the last five years to be able to just step back and make something really heady and experimental and still have it be way up in the charts. Once again, I applaud these guys for pushing theirs and our limits both artistically and musically. Speaking of pushing limits...check this out...



Convinced of the Hex

Myspace
Website

No comments:

Post a Comment