Sunday, January 3, 2010

12. Discovery


12. Discovery-
LP

This has certainly been the year for new Electro-pop bands. I'm not complaining, I bet the dance clubs have been rockin'. This is one of seven that made my top 50 and I can think of three others that could have been contenders. Discovery is a collaboration of Ra Ra Riot’s Wes Miles and Vampire Weekend’s Rostam Batmanglij. Two of my favoritest bands ever. Ezra Koenig from Vampire Weekend even stops by for vocals on a song. I love the cover of Jackson 5's 'I Want You Back'. It's bubblegum, but it's good bubblegum and the quality of music is there, even if it is an easy listen. Give it a chance...you won't regret it. No fancy video's this time, so I left you with a listen of the whole LP and a song to take with you.




So Insane

Myspace
Website

No comments:

Post a Comment