Sunday, January 3, 2010

15. Super Furry Animals


15. Super Furry Animals-
Dark Days/Light Years

Super Furry Animals is probably one of my top five favorite bands of all time. I saw them live for the first time on their Phantom Power tour and they forever endeared themselves to me as one of the best live shows I've ever seen. So, you're probably thinking, 'no wonder these guys are in your top 50'. However, their last two LP's have been less than stellar and while I enjoyed them, they lacked that certain something that made me want to listen to them over and over. Dark Days/Light Years is a welcome return to their psychedelic, electronic, Beach Boys-esque charm. SFA is from Cardiff, Wales and has a tremendous amount of creative output. Gruff Rhys has done a solo album in Welsh, a side project with Boom Bip called Neon Neon and a solo album in English called Candylion. In addition, the band released a DVD album with videos with both Rings and Phantom Power. This is their ninth LP and they show no signs of stopping. Unfortunately, this is the only video I can find at the moment with a song off their new release. I have also included an older video to give you an idea of the quality of creativity involved with this band. Their DVD video release are in 5.1 Surround and damn fun to watch.






Moped Eyes

Myspace
Website

No comments:

Post a Comment