Tuesday, January 11, 2011

29. Stars


29. Stars - The Five Ghosts

Stars is one of my favorite bands and their new album did not disappoint me in the least. You can download one of my favorite songs off the album below, it would easily make my top 10 songs of the year if I were to put together such a list. They are a Canadian indie electronic pop group who specialize in writing catchy songs with highly emotive lyrics. The band consists of Torquil Campbell (vocals), Chris Seligman (keyboards), Amy Millan (vocals/guitar), Evan Cranley (bassist), and Pat McGee (drums). Torquil, Chris and Amy have all been members of Broken Social Scene (which I mentioned earlier here). Torquil has a side project called Memphis and Amy also has a solo project as well that leans a little to the country/folk side. Her voice is like liquid velvet.



Try it

Myspace
Website

No comments:

Post a Comment