Wednesday, January 19, 2011

13. Gorillaz


13. Gorillaz - Plastic Beach

I didn't really like Gorillaz when they first came out. Sure, there were some catchy tunes and some animated videos, but...really. It was my son who turned me onto Plastic Beach. In this album, Damon Albarn and Jamie Hewlitt collaborate with the likes of Snoop Dogg, Gruff Rhys of Super Furry Animals, Mos Def, Little Dragon and Lou Reed. This is one of the most artistic, eclectic albums I've heard all year. I cannot begin to describe its importance in music or its variety of style. This is a major surprise and a welcome one to be in the top fifteen. I've included two of the incredibly animated videos below as well as one of my favorite songs off the album for you.





MP3 removed by request

Myspace
Website

No comments:

Post a Comment