Thursday, January 13, 2011

23. The Bird And The Bee


23. The Bird And The Bee - Interpreting The Masters Vol. 1 - A Tribute To Daryl Hall & John Oates

I have been with The Bird And The Bee since their inception. Inara George and Greg Kurstin comprise this synthpop duo from Los Angeles. Their music is ultra chill with Inara's lush voice providing the vocal framework. This new album sees them covering about every popular Hall & Oates song there is. I didn't pay this album much mind when it came out, because I shy away from such gimmicks, but after I started listening to it, it became infectious. Perhaps it's because I was raised on these songs that I couldn't put it down, but I prefer to think it is Inara's syrupy vocals and Greg's chill keyboards that keep me coming back for more. While the video below does not capture the sound, you get to see Inara sing while baby-popping pregnant with a special guest. I've included a song below for your listening enjoyment as well.



Try it

Myspace
Website

No comments:

Post a Comment