Sunday, January 23, 2011

1. Broken Bells


1. Broken Bells - Broken Bells

After letting go the other two members of The Shins, James Mercer announced a new album in 2009, but it never came. Instead he ended up doing some work on the project Dark Night of the Soul with Danger Mouse. I guess the collaboration was a good thing, because we ended up with the two of them joining forces to create Broken Bells. In my opinion, the best breakout album of the year, the best album musically, the most listenable album. They have said that this is a permanent thing and there will be more to come. I think this also translates to no more The Shins and no more Gnarls Barkley. Regardless, this is a great thing for music and for your ears. If you buy nothing else from this list, get this!!! I included my favorite sci-fi video of theirs below, they also have a 3-D interactive video here.



Try it

Myspace
Website

No comments:

Post a Comment