Monday, January 5, 2015

2. Broken Bells


2. Broken Bells - After The Disco

To know how much I love this James Mercer/Danger Mouse combo, one need look no further than the previous album's placement in my charts here. Garnering the Number One and Number Two spot show just how much I love these two together. I really thought it would be Number One this year as well. They came to Brady Theatre earlier this year and put on a spectacular live show, which, like St. Vincent, was everything I wanted it to be. Becky Stark of Lavender Diamond and Elizabeth Berg of The Like both make cameo's on the album as part of a four part choir. The seventeen piece Angel City String Orchestra also are featured as well. The theme that runs throughout the album, including the title, is that of retro-futurism and the guys even used 60's and 70's period instruments to record. The first two videos below comprise a short film to accompany the theme of the album and were released in anticipation of the album. Notice who the bouncers are in video two. The last video accompanies the first two nicely, I think.









Website
Facebook
Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment