Friday, January 2, 2015

13. Wye Oak

13. Wye Oak - Shriek

Baltimore natives Jenn Wasner and Andy Stack are two of the nicest people you could ever meet and comprise the band, Wye Oak. I saw them at SXSW this year and they are still just as incredible as ever. I think I've seen them four times now since their inception and will continue to do so as long as they keep being awesome. On this particular album, there is not a single guitar on it, which is a completely new direction for them. Jenn composes all the songs completely on keyboard. I don't know if this is a permanent direction for the band as much as it is a need to try something they hadn't done. Jenn is just too powerful a guitarist to walk away from that. I wish great things for these two. You should be able to download the track below.





Website
Facebook
Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment