Sunday, January 4, 2015

5. The Black Keys


5. The Black Keys - Turn Blue

I was really surprised to see this album make the Top Five. Not for any reason other than I didn't realize I had listened to it that much. However, if you have followed this blog in the past, you know that I think Danger Mouse can do no wrong and this album was produced by him. The Black Keys are no stranger to the Top 50, their last two albums made it both here and here. This is a welcome departure for the group, I think. Danger Mouse has taken them in a much needed new direction. I think of it as part of a Danger Mouse trilogy, actually. Listen to the first Broken Bells album, listen to this, then listen to the last Broken Bells album and it forms a coherent musical story.





Website
Facebook
Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment