Thursday, January 3, 2013

3. Grizzly Bear


3. Grizzly Bear - Shields

This is my surprise, come-out-of-nowhere album, not because it's surprising how awesome it is, but by how late in the year it came out. This was only released in mid September. The other albums here in the top 5 were released much earlier in the year. Grizzly Bear made an appearance in the top 50 back in 2009 here. Daniel Rossen has been a very busy musician. He released a solo EP earlier this year, which is amazing as well. The band consists of Edward Droste (vocals, keyboards, omnichord), Daniel Rossen (vocals, guitar, banjo, keyboards), Chris Taylor (bass, backing vocals, various instruments, producer) and Christopher Bear (drums, backing vocals). The experimental nature of this band make them musical geniuses, but the way they pull it off to allow so many into their music without ostracizing them is what amazes me most. Beautiful, dark, and well put-together. I just got lost in this album and didn't come out for days and days. I think everyone in my family got tired of me listening to it incessantly.





Website

Facebook

Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment