Friday, December 16, 2011

46. Delta Spirit

46. Delta Spirit - History From Below

I am so happy this band made the list. Ode to Sunshine was their first release and is just incredible. I was really happy to see them open for My Morning Jacket. Really, in that context, I had never noticed the similarities they shared. I always considered them to be much more a Louisiana cajun, southern rock kind of band, but I guess elements of MMJ have that as well. They are a five piece from San Diego with Jonathon Jameson as the frontman. What I like best about their live shows is the use of different drums and of course, the trash can lid. Highly energetic and a joy to watch and listen.

Website

Facebook

Twitter

2 comments:

  1. This is their second album. First one is Ode To Sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I know, perhaps I didn't word that sentence well.

    ReplyDelete