Sunday, December 18, 2011

40. Laura Marling

40. Laura Marling - A Creature I Don't Know

This beautiful young lady made my top 50 last year here at #12. She is definitely one of my favorite artists. To be able to write lyrics with such depth and emotion at such a young age and then to deliver them with such a powerful voice. She is truly gifted and wise beyond her years. I am excited that she is touring the US this spring and I intend to witness this. While this album didn't garner the spot last year's did, I do consider it to be a better album than the last one. This one was only hurt by the timing of its release, but it will be played many, many more times on my iPod in the months to come. A great example of her skill can be seen in the video below, my favorite song off the album so far.

The Muse

Website

Facebook

Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment