Saturday, December 31, 2011

17. Blind Pilot

17. Blind Pilot - We Are the Tide

I finally bought Blind Pilot's '08 release this year after becoming addicted to a couple songs I had from them, since '08. It became one of my favorite albums to listen to this year and I was ecstatic when I saw they released a new album in September. Based out of Portland, Oregon, this, now six-piece to nine piece, is fronted by Israel Nebeker. Nebeker's vocals lay on top of the music with perfect precision. They cut through their charming harmonies like a satin-laced knife and the laid back drums jazz drums only emphasize this point. Strings and a dulcimer are also used, it's so expansive, yet so simplistic. This is headphones music at its finest, but I play these guys all the time.

Blind Pilot :: 'New York' via @liveset from Blind Pilot on Vimeo.

Website

Facebook

Twitter

2 comments:

  1. I saw them in Chicago in November and it was amazing. They covered "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lucky...can't believe I missed them in Dallas. I bet they're incredible.

    ReplyDelete