Friday, December 23, 2011

27. Iron & Wine

27. Iron & Wine - Kiss Each Other Clean

I am still amazed when I talk about Iron & Wine and folks are not aware of them. I guess I think they've been around long enough and have garnered enough publicity and play time to be recognized by most anyone. I mean, hell, they were in the Garden State soundtrack. For whatever reason, their delicious blend of folk and bluegrass has not permeated the mainstream, yet. Iron & Wine is Sam Beam, and while many band members now play with the live show (such as Marketa Irglova from Swell Season!), he is the singer/songwriter. Powerful, mystical lyrics and some of the most poetic love songs known to man come out of this man's brain. His live shows are mesmerizing and full of grace and wonder. His previous album may have been my favorite at the moment, but Kiss Each Other Clean was never really taken off the iPod rotation. So, if you're one of the few and you haven't got on the bandwagon yet, now is the time.

Website

Facebook

Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment