Wednesday, December 21, 2011

31. Thao & Mirah

31. Thao & Mirah - Thao & Mirah

So, a year ago July 4th, I took my kids up to Lincoln, Nebraska and we happened to see Thao Ngyuen and Mirah play together at The Bourbon. It was a great show, they sang each other's songs, my daughter was a huge Mirah fan (I was too) and I was a huge Thao fan. We even got to meet Thao after the show. Little did we know at that time that their tour would result in this marvelous collaborative effort. If you don't already know, Thao Ngyuen is usually backed by the band The Get Down Stay Down. She is an incredibly honest, raw songwriter. Mirah, as well, writes piercingly honest lyrics. Together, they form a powerhouse of intensity and this album was produced by tUnE-yArDs (more about them later :) ). Raw talent all around and a well deserving addition to this or any list. I've included two videos to showcase both young ladies' talent.

Eleven

Website

No comments:

Post a Comment