Monday, January 6, 2014

3. Laura Marling


3. Laura Marling - Once I Was An Eagle

I'm a sucker for a concept album. They remind me of symphonies (which is the point) and return to the same theme, whether lyrically or musically or both. Laura Marling is the only, or should I say, the first artist to have multiple appearances in the top 50 to date, both here and here. She is one of the most amazing singers I have ever witnessed. Getting to see her live in a tiny venue this year was more than I could ever hope. I'm sure I've said it before, but her lyrics for her age are insane. She reminds me of Joni Mitchell and has a depth that few others possess. I recommend listening to this album all the way through multiple times, especially driving around the Wichita Mountains, just sayin'. Check out the short film below, titled "When Brave Bird Saved", which has her suite uninterrupted, it's beautiful.









Website

Facebook

Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment