Thursday, February 4, 2010

Just Something For Fun

I found this video today while browsing the web and just had to share it. Perhaps you've seen it, but it highlights one of my favorite bands playing in an elevator and then a live song played through megaphones. Arcade Fire turned the music industry on its head with its orchestrated art rock. They were catapulted through the indie music scene probably faster than any band I've seen come along in a long time. One album and they're playing main stage at festivals by their second. That's serious selling power, and the whole time being a quirky art rock band. Their live performance is one of the most powerful I have ever witnessed and even in this video, you get a sense of their raw, naked quirkyness that washes over you in a tidal wave of good vibes. I don't see how anyone can not like this band. If you ever get the opportunitty to see them live, do it. Austin City Limits filmed them for their television show and it is a spectacular performance as well. They should have a new release coming out this year. I don't think they will ever top their first release, but I still am looking forward to it.





MP3: Maps (Yeah, Yeah, Yeah's cover)

No comments:

Post a Comment