Saturday, February 13, 2010

New Release-April Smith and The Great Picture Show


April Smith and The Great Picture Show-Songs for a Sinking Ship

April Smith and her band The Great Picture Show are, of course, from the Brooklyn music scene. Their new LP comes out in about ten days and I am so excited for it I just had to talk about it now. Folk, cabaret, gospel, rock with biting lyrics, a definite recipe for success. She has an amazingly powerful voice and the band plays traditional instruments as well as an accordion, a ukelele and even an old suitcase used for a bass drum. The song 'Colors' is all over the intraweb, but Daytrotter just released an in-studio live four song set. They are touring with Langhorne Slim right now and then tour with Fanfarlo through Spring. I am hoping to catch one of their shows in the near future as it sounds like a lot of fun. I'm buying this the day of release, I hope you are too.



MP3: Colors

Website
Myspace

No comments:

Post a Comment