Thursday, February 11, 2010

Google Sucks Toasted

In an unprecedented move, Google decided to shut down some major music blogs today citing violation of copyright laws and therefore of blogger. I lost one of my favorite blogs...Pop Tarts Suck Toasted and Gorilla v. Bear was lost as well. It's a sad, sad day in the world of free speech and for music in general. For a supposedly progessive company, Google, you have sided with a failing, archaic business model, i.e. The mega-record company. To make matters worse, I now have to fear losing my hard work on my own blog because something I post (and you won't tell me what, even though I have asked repeatedly) is deemed illegal. Hopefully, I can figure out how to move my own blog service, which seems a task as daunting as moving my home. Why would an artist not want their music talked about and samples given to listen to? This practice has led to the buying of many albums for me and the promotion of many a new band. Bad form, Google, bad form.

Read more about it here

No comments:

Post a Comment