Saturday, December 12, 2015

40. Ivan & Alyosha

40. Ivan & Alyosha - It's All Just Pretend

I have wanted to see this group since its inception. Every chance I've had has resulted in another concert booked at the same time they're playing anywhere close to me. It was like chasing a ghost. However, I had a similar instance this last show in Dallas, Texas when I went to see Clap Your Hands Say Yeah. As the Clap Your Hands concert ended, walked outside and the club right next door had their garage door open and there was Ivan & Alyosha playing. Got to stand there and watch them for free for a good five or six songs. It was an incredible night. These guys are based out of Seattle, Washington and are named after two of the main characters in one of my favorite books, The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoevsky. This is only their second album and they've certainly gone from a very raw sound to a much more produced sound, but that doesn't make them any less awesome. Great lyrics, great drive, great song writing. Just a great album. They made the top 50 with their first album, here.'



Website
Facebook
Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment