Thursday, December 24, 2015

26. Fort Lean

26. Fort Lean - Quiet Day

You remember the old days, before internet music, where you'd browse a record/cd store and pick up something on a whim. Maybe it was the art, or the name of the band, or you read something about them somewhere. You took it home and listened to it and felt like you discovered gold. The album was one of the best things you've ever heard and you listened to it over and over. The modern version of this is exactly how I found these guys. Something popped up on one of my feeds, I barely listened to a song, felt impulsive and bought the LP pre-release on a whim. It arrived several months later unannounced and I put it on the record player and couldn't stop listening to it. That's the best I can write about these Brooklyn kids with their rock and roll, punk, beach rock sound. The videos below are two of the strangest videos ever and they even tell a story...I think.





Website
Facebook
Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment