Sunday, December 1, 2013

Top 50 of 2013

I cannot believe it has been a year already. I had contemplated earlier doing a top 75, but after compiling all of the data and realizing the very real constraints on my time, I am going to stick with a top 50. Sorry if I got your hopes up, there were a lot of magnificent albums that came out this year, but I think my current format, top 50 followed by a top 10, more than covers what I have listened to. This has been a difficult year for several reasons. You can research my previous posts for one of those reasons, the other being, I lost a year's worth of music on my hard drive (because it crashed, big time). It has taken quite a bit of time recovering the data lost and lessened the amount of music I listened to dramatically. In addition, I got a new car, which has a CD player, so I tried to reflect that in the numbers. This list, again, is a list of what I've listened to the most. As with my radio show, I think I prefer to let my ears define what is best rather than my brain. I hope you enjoy this year's list even a fraction as much as I've enjoyed listening. The Top 50 begins now....

No comments:

Post a Comment