Sunday, December 8, 2013

44. Vampire Weekend

44. Vampire Weekend - Modern Vampires of the City

When I first heard this album, I, like the critics, thought that Vampire Weekend had lost their fire. I really expected this to go in the only listen to once pile. It did not have the immediate catchiness that the other albums had. And yet, here it is. Much more subtly infectious than their previous efforts. Now, I think I like this album far better than the first two. This shows a much more mature side to their sound and a darker vein as well. The Paul Simon-esque style is still there, they've just slowed everything way down. I really like it. It's funny that I've seen this on every top 50 list I've looked at so far. So, I think most of the critics probably had a similar experience. Never trust a critic. ;)





Website
Facebook
Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment