Wednesday, December 29, 2010

48. Dark Dark Dark


48. Dark Dark Dark - Wild Go

I was just recently introduced to this sextet out of Minneapolis. Their album was released in October and it was only by the epic force of their single I got over the summer that they have made this list. Nona Marie Invie is the haunting vocalist and seems to be the driving force of Dark Dark Dark. They are described as a combination of New Orleans jazz, minimalism, Americana, Eastern European folk and pop. I don't know about you, but that sounds pretty incredible. In conjunction with Marshall LaCount, Nona writes songs that tell a story and Wild Go tells an apocalyptic one. They were in Dallas recently and luckily for me they tour a lot. Here's to hoping they come back by OKC soon. I posted a song below and there's a free one at their website just for signing up to their mailing list, but I highly recommend buying this album.



Try it

Myspace
Website

No comments:

Post a Comment