Wednesday, March 24, 2010

BRMC and Band of Skulls

All I can say is wow. Band of Skulls really tore it up and I love seeing UK bands in Oklahoma. They actually had the floor moving with their enormous sound. The bass player was incredible and I loved their bluesy rock sound. Very classic rock influenced. The crowd was moving and so was I. Great, great show. I recognized one song, but didn't know it was theirs. I love discovering new bands, at least new to me.


BRMC put on an incredible show. As many times as these guys have been to OK, I have never seen them live. I have always heard how good their shows were, though, and was really looking forward to this one. They played for an hour and a half and didn't stop (technically) until the encore. No audience chatter. Just solid playing. Serious endurance. In addition to the incredible music (the bass player, Robert Levon Been played the bass like a guitar at several points in the music, providing the melody), they had a great light show. The strobes nearly put the audience into convulsions, luckily, only the music did that. Fantastic show, I highly recommend putting this band on your 'must see live' list.

No comments:

Post a Comment