Sunday, January 27, 2019

3. Middle Kids

3. Middle Kids - Lost Friends

I think I have finally hit the age where my memory cannot keep up with the sheer number of bands I've seen live. At least that's what my daughter thinks, when, after seeing them live in Chicago this last year, she promptly reminded me we had seen Middle Kids the year prior at SXSW. It's ok though because this band has quickly become one of my favorites, and apparently many others as well. Many in the crowd were shouting out the lyrics to every song. They came out with an EP last year that would have put them close to #1, so, they may be getting some residual love, but they certainly own the #3 spot. The band is from Sydney, Australia and singer Hannah Joy is joined by husband, Tim Fitz and drummer Harry Day. Hannah's voice and lyrics are piercing and intimate and coupled with a wall of sound and musical precision, this band is poised to do great things. I look forward to their future.



Facebook
Twitter
Website


No comments:

Post a Comment