Saturday, December 17, 2011

42. Wilco

42. Wilco - The Whole Love

I have a love/hate relationship with Wilco. I want to hate them, but I can't. Jeff Tweedy's lyrics are so incredibly poetic, combined with great songwriting and musical skill. This is looking to be one of my favorite albums they've done in awhile. From the opener "Art of Almost" with it's driving beat (and pretty bold to open your album with a seven minute song, I might add) to the beautiful acoustic "Black Moon", this album does not disappoint. However, I think my favorite on the album is the lengthy twelve plus minute song, "One Sunday Morning (Song for Jane Smiley's Boyfriend)". If you haven't acquired it yet, try to get the limited edition release with the four song EP.

Website

Facebook

Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment