Sunday, January 3, 2010

17. Laura Veirs


17. Laura Veirs-
July Flame

I'm not sure if I can legitimately include this LP because it's not due out for its official release until next week. However, I bought it at her show when she opened for The Decemberist's here in Tulsa and it quickly grabbed my attention. I probably wouldn't have bought it had it not been for seeing her and the Hall of Flames perform 'I Can See Your Tracks'. So, that counts right...she released it, therefore it makes the top 20...right? I'm counting it nonetheless. The uncanny thing about her opening for The Decemberist's is that she is the female vocal on 'Yankee Bayonet' off The Crane Wife. I don't know if these kids have been with her before, but this new LP outshines all her previous work and has been in constant rotation on the jukebox called my iTouch.




When You Give Your Heart

Myspace
Website

No comments:

Post a Comment