Thursday, January 4, 2018

7. Grandaddy

7. Grandaddy - Last Place

I never thought I would see this happen. It has been a decade since their last album. The main reason is that Jason Lytle got tired of their almost success, not quite hitting the charts like Death Cab or Arcade Fire. They have been my favorite band since The Sophtware Slump and about the time in my life I could afford to go see them live, they up and quit being a band. Jason Lytle has still done a couple solo efforts and even tried forming a new band called Admiral Radley, but finally, he brought the gang back together. I was fortunate enough to see them this year at SXSW. Sadly, Kevin Garcia died later this year at 41 shortly after their reunion putting future plans on hold. Grandaddy is a sound that incorporates electronic music over acoustic sounds, basically, an artificial sound infused with a natural one. A comment on living in a natural world and often forced to work in an artificial one.



Website
Facebook
Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment